VoCore is a coin-sized Linux computer running OpenWrt. It contains 32MB SDRAM, 8MB SPI Flash and using RT5350(360MHz MIPS) as its heart. It provides many interfaces such as 10/100M Ethernet, USB, UART, I2C, I2S, PCM, JTAG and over 20 GPIOs but its size is less than one square inch.
- Ralink/Mediatek RT5350 MIPS processor @360MHz
- Dual band 802.11n Wi-Fi (up to 150Mbps)
* RAM: 32 MB RAM * Storage: 8 MB SPI Flash * I/O (20 GPIOs)
- Dual 10/100M Ethernet
- USB Host
* Power: 5V, 3.3V, 1.8V, GND * Consumption: <250mA @ 5V * Dimensions: 25×25 mm
The pin spacing is 1.27mm, 0.50mil
### Dock for Vocore Alpha
My Vocore alpha had wires coming out of them, in a big… mess. So I made a small dock for them, with:
- Onboard USB-Serial adapter (for debug purpose) - Access to the USB port (through a micro usb port). - Access to the I2C port can also be enabled. - A JTAG header is present, but I think it's pretty useless
OSHPark PCB service is exactly what I needed, only three boards at a very low price. The design is available here: VoCoreAlpha dock
### Dock for Vocore
I only have one Vocore, that's not Alhpa, and it came with an _official_ dock, so I don't have any need to update my dock to fit the final version of the Vocore. If you want it, drop me an email and I will get back to you.
Wire the Serial port 2 (RX2, TX2, GND) and then you should be able to connect to the board using an USB-TLL adapter:
picocom -b 57600 /dev/ttyUSB0
I ran into some issues (board freezing then rebooting, apparently because of some RAM issues) when powering the VoCore through an USB port of my laptop. It only happened when the USB adapter was plugged in. I have since tried with an external USB power supply (phone charger), it fixed this issue.
Infos from: http://vonger.cn/?p=780
### AP+STA Wifi Add the following to /etc/config/wireless
config wifi-iface option device 'radio0' option mode 'sta' option ssid '_YOUR_SSID_' option encryption 'psk-mixed' option key '_YOUR_WPA_KEY_' option network 'wan wwan'
Add the following to /etc/config/network
config interface 'wwan' option proto 'dhcp'
* http://vonger.cn/ * http://vonger.cn/?p=387 Q&A * https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vocore-a-coin-sized-linux-computer-with-wifi * https://wikidevi.com/wiki/VoCore * http://vonger.cn/?forum=vocore-alpha-test * http://vonger.cn/?forum=vocore